Prince Harry is expected to reunite with King Charles in early September, marking their first face-to-face meeting in nearly 20 months, according to The Mirror. Harry, 40, will travel to the UK for the annual WellChild Awards and plans to see the 76-year-old monarch while there.
Insiders suggest a reconciliation between father and son may be “within reach,” though Prince William has reportedly turned down Harry’s invitation to meet. A source noted that this meeting is not about resolving all family issues, but rather about rebuilding the relationship between Charles and Harry. Both sides are said to be determined to make it happen.
The two are expected to have a private, simple conversation rather than a large, formal meeting. This development follows reports that Harry’s press team met with Charles’s communications secretary in London in July, hinting at behind-the-scenes discussions. Privacy and dignity are said to be key priorities.
Meghan Markle will not be joining her husband on the trip. She will remain in California with their children, Archie, 6, and Lilibet, 4. Meghan has not returned to the UK since September 2022. Charles last saw his grandchildren in June 2022 during Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee.
The timing of this reunion could be complicated, as Charles is scheduled to host former U.S. President Donald Trump at Windsor Castle on September 17 for a state visit.
Harry has previously said he would love to reconcile with his family, despite years of disagreements, and stressed the importance of moving forward. He has also voiced sadness over the distance between Charles and his grandchildren, something reportedly painful for the king.