King Charles Issues Statement After Andrew Arrest
King Charles has issued a public statement after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office, as police confirmed an active investigation and searches at multiple addresses. The King’s intervention came on Thursday, as the royal family faced heightened scrutiny and the investigation moved rapidly through the morning.
In a written message, Hello Magazine reported that the monarch said he had learned “with the deepest concern” the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and stressed: “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
The King added that what follows should be “the full, fair and proper process” carried out by the appropriate authorities, and said it would not be right for him to comment further while the process continues. The report also said Hello! understood neither the King nor Buckingham Palace had been informed of the arrest before it happened.
The statement follows earlier palace messaging on the issue, including comments that the King stood ready to support any police inquiry, a stance previously outlined in our coverage of King Charles standing ready to support a probe involving Prince Andrew as allegations continued to prompt public concern.
With Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remaining in custody and the case described by police as active, attention is now likely to turn to potential next steps in the investigation and how Buckingham Palace maintains public-facing duties while legal proceedings continue.





