Charles Cancels Engagement After Andrew Arrest
King Charles has cancelled a scheduled public engagement in the wake of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office, as the royal household faced mounting attention on Thursday. The decision came as police confirmed an active investigation and as the King issued a formal statement about the situation.
Hello Magazine reported that the monarch was due to attend a Royal Philharmonic Orchestra performance on Thursday evening but withdrew, with the engagement now expected to be represented by Queen Camilla.
According to the report, the cancellation followed the King’s statement in which he said he had learned the news with “deepest concern” and added: “Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.” The King also said it would not be right to comment further while the legal process continues.
Thames Valley Police said Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor had been arrested on Thursday morning, and that searches were being carried out at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk as part of the ongoing investigation. The developments have intensified pressure on Buckingham Palace over how it manages public duties alongside a fast-moving case involving a senior royal, echoing earlier internal tensions referenced in claims Prince William pushed for tougher action against Prince Andrew.
With Queen Camilla expected to take on the Thursday evening engagement, attention is likely to focus on whether further diary changes follow and on the next steps announced by police as the investigation progresses.





