Thomas Markle Gives Recovery Update After Amputation
Thomas Markle has shared a fresh update on his health following emergency surgery that resulted in the amputation of his leg, as the estranged father of Meghan Markle continues his rehabilitation abroad. The 81-year-old, who has been living in the Philippines, said he is making progress with physiotherapy as he adjusts to the life-changing procedure.
In an interview, Daily Star reported that Mr Markle said he is “adjusting slowly”, doing “a lot of physiotherapy” and feels he is “making good progress” after the operation carried out in December.
Mr Markle told the Mail on Sunday that he is being “very well taken care of” and remains grateful for the medical support he is receiving, while acknowledging he still has “a long way to go” as he gets used to his “new circumstances”. The report also noted he has previously suffered two heart attacks and a stroke, adding to what has been described as a series of medical setbacks.
The update follows recent reporting about contact between the Duchess of Sussex and her father, including Britpop News coverage that Meghan Markle arranged for a letter to be delivered amid conflicting accounts around communication after his surgery.
Mr Markle has repeatedly spoken publicly about wanting to reconnect with his daughter and meet his grandchildren, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, whom he has not met. His latest comments underline the continuing personal strain surrounding the family, while focusing attention on his ongoing recovery and rehabilitation.





