Coldplay. Whether you like them or not, you’ve probably heard them on the radio at some stage. And let’s face it: They’ve come a LONG way since ‘Ode To Deodorant’. You’re probably familiar with some of their most popular songs: Yellow, Paradise, Clocks, Fix You, Viva La Vida etc – maybe a little too familiar due to being played a lot on the radio. While those are some great songs, the band also have many other hidden tracks that your ears may or may not have discovered due to not being showcased on the radio and in the media.
1. Trouble – Is a brilliant song and is track 6 on their debut album ‘Parachutes’ and you may or may not have heard it as it’s been hidden away from the spotlight due to other famous tracks such as ‘Yellow’ and ‘Shiver’. The Piano opening will have you hooked.
2. A Message – Another great song that’s been hidden away. It’s track 8 on their 3rd album ‘X&Y’ and personally one of my favourites on the album. No music video for this, so no girly running by Chris Martin as done in ‘Fix You’. Sorry to disappoint.
3. Warning Sign – Track 8 on their second album ‘A Rush Of Blood To the Head’. Personally, I never really used to be a fan of this song. But after seeing Coldplay live back in November in New Zealand, it absolutely changed my whole opinion on the song. Maybe it was because they performed it right in front of me? Maybe it was because the drummer Will Champion flicked me one of his famous Cheshire grins that seduced me into liking it? Who knows? But I do know that it was in that moment that I discovered that this song was actually much greater than what I initially first. Warning Sign just needs another chance!
Song Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Warning Sign live in Montreal 2012:
4. See You Soon – From ‘The Blue Room’ EP, that isn’t that well known unless you have an interest in the band. This song is really relaxing and recommended if you’re casually driving in the car or are stressed as it will definitely relax you. Chris Martin’s voice has an acoustic feel to it in this song and the gentle guitar strumming is quite the masterpiece in its own right.
Link: See You Soon live 2003 –
5. Life In Technicolor ii – Besides the freaky look-a-likes in the music video (that they then took on tour with them and took photos of in different parts of the world – which I thought was great creativity), this song was the first single from their 2008 EP ‘Prospekt’s March’ and it’s actually a great song! It’s the full version of ‘Life In Technicolor’ which is the first track on ‘Viva La Vida’ , but with vocals included. And it’s also one out of about a billion Coldplay songs written with the lyrics ‘Now my feet won’t touch the ground’.
Music Video Link: